We advise clients on a wide range of legal and practical issues arising from the operation and development of their businesses. These include implementation of major projects, managing existing relationships and the formation of new ones. We are happy to be involved in every aspect of our clients’ commercial affairs and seek to act as an integral part of their organisation.
Our practice includes advice in the following areas:
- Agency and distribution
- Licensing, franchising and concession arrangements
- Advertising, marketing and sponsorship
- Supply of goods and services, including standard terms of business
- Joint ventures and other strategic alliances
- Hotel management arrangements
- Consumer law and trading standards
- Product liability and recall
- UK/EU regulation
- Separation exercises, including transitional services arrangements
- Other bespoke projects
Projects and public private partnerships
We advise on all aspects of public private partnerships and infrastructure projects including strategic partnerships, joint ventures, construction, facilities management and financing. The team advises throughout the lifecycle of projects and brings a blend of experience from advising the public and private sectors on a broad range of social infrastructure projects including:
- Primary health care, LIFT, Express LIFT, strategic estate partnerships and local asset backed vehicles
- Acute health care
- Social and extra care
We also advise on the day-to-day business needs of clients managing operational public private partnerships. Our focus is on commercial and practical solutions from senior and experienced practitioners with a depth of experience from across the spectrum of public private partnerships.
We provide support throughout the outsourcing project lifecycle, from procurement to exit. Our clients include service providers and customers in diverse industries, whom we assist with deal design, bid support, contracting, people transfers, exits, change management and dispute resolution.
We handle a broad range of outsourcing transactions both in the UK and internationally. These include:
- IT and communications outsourcings
- Business process outsourcings
- Complex business transformation and strategic partnerships and alliances
Many of these projects are business critical and experience counts. Therefore we put our partners on the ground within client project teams, enabling you to achieve better outcomes in shorter timeframes.
Our Commercial team is Justin Alford, Alyona Antonenko, Jan Bingham, Chris Crane, Sam Elworthy, Gabrielle Gray, Sam Hawke, William Ingram Hill, William Jameson, Dan Pearce, Jonathan Poole, Tim Summers and Andrew Tibber.