UK/EU competition law
We advise businesses on all aspects of UK and EU competition/anti-trust law, including:
- Restrictions in commercial agreements with suppliers, distributors, joint venture partners and others
- Merger issues, including filing with the CMA or European Commission
- Cartel investigations, including leniency applications
- State aid
- Compliance and training
We work with public bodies such as local and central government, the NHS and fire services to help them achieve their procurement goals – whether speed, quality, price or risk mitigation. Our key areas of focus are:
- Design of procurement processes to meet the authority’s needs
- Advising on change
- Developing and testing award criteria and evaluation methodologies
- Reviewing evaluation and standstill processes
- Advising on requests by bidders for debrief or for further information
- Defending legal challenges
Our experience acting for the public sector means we are also ideally placed to work with disappointed bidders to mount a challenge where the procurement process has gone wrong, efficiently identifying flaws in the process.
Our specialist in these areas is James Falle.
You can initiate a discussion about instructing us by contacting any partner directly, or by using the main office contact details at the bottom of the page if you prefer.