Risk & Regulation
We advise on health and safety, environment, fire, food, trading standards and security law. Our approach is proactive, preventing enforcement action or prosecution wherever possible by management and/or engagement with the regulators, but where necessary defending. We bring a wide range of experience and skills to the process of organisational risk management.
Our practice includes advice in the following areas:
- Interpretation of regulatory legislation (including environment, health & safety, food, fire, security, planning, trading standards and bribery)
- Defending criminal cases brought by regulatory bodies such as HSE, EA and EHOs
- Risk management for directors, senior officers and owners in regulated areas and corporate manslaughter
- Inquest representation
- Contractor control and risk management
- Environment and health & safety accident/incident investigation
- Regulatory risk and liability management systems such as ISO 14001 and 18001
- Mediation of disputes
- Legal aspects of security liability
- Training/seminars for organisations of all sizes
Our specialist in these areas is Richard Voke.