Andrew handles Commercial matters, advising on the drafting and negotiating of agreements for the supply of goods and services. He has a particular focus on IP & Technology matters and data protection, both contentious and non-contentious, including IP and data protection audits, IP clearance searches, licensing, DSARs, and compliance with advertising law. He is experienced in related litigation including cease and desist letters, trade mark oppositions, domain name and company name disputes, and High Court injunction applications. Andrew also specialises in reputation management, including notice and take-down requests, press complaints and related Dispute Resolution work including defamation proceedings. He is a member of our Risk, Compliance & Investigations team, focusing on GDPR and data protection. Before joining Temple Bright in 2013, Andrew worked at Burges Salmon, including an in-house secondment to Virgin.
Relevant experience at Temple Bright and previous firms includes:
- Outsourced in-house counsel work involving drafting and negotiating supply and licence agreements.
- Advising a major food brand on reality TV sponsorship agreements and advertising standards.
- Drafting privacy policies and advising on GDPR compliance.
- Drafting end-user licence agreements and web terms and conditions.
- Acting for claimants and defendants in trade mark infringement proceedings.
- UK trade mark registrations and opposition proceedings.
- Advising on DSAR response strategies.
- Debt collection.
- Libel advice including successfully obtaining apologies and payment of damages and costs.
News and articles