- Dispute Resolution - General
- Financial Services
- Risk, Compliance & Investigations
T: +44 (0) 20 7183 8436
David advises on Financial Services matters both contentious (including regulatory issues and investigations and related litigation) and non-contentious (regulatory analysis and implementation programmes; legal risk management; product development and contractual issues). David is experienced in compliance matters including conduct, integrity issues, market abuse, financial crime generally (including the failure to prevent the facilitation of tax evasion offence under the Criminal Finances Act 2017), policy production and organisational policy frameworks. David is a member of our Risk, Compliance & Investigations team and also handles Dispute Resolution and Commercial matters. Before joining Temple Bright in 2020, David trained and worked at Slaughter and May and Fieldfisher in the City. He then spent many years in-house, in particular at Deutsche Bank where he led teams dealing with litigation, contentious and non-contentious regulatory, as well as the Asset and Wealth Management and Global Markets business areas. He led the bank’s Legal Risk Management function globally and was also a senior member of its Anti Financial Crime function.
Relevant experience at Temple Bright and previous firms includes:
- Advising on FCA authorisation (fintech start-ups and more traditional firms).
- Advising generally on product structuring in the context of FCA rules.
- Drafting firm-wide policies and procedures (e.g. compliance, AML, sanctions, anti-fraud, anti bribery and corruption, modern slavery, tax evasion (prevention of facilitation).
- Leading organisational risk assessments (including bribery and corruption, fraud and legal risk).
- Advising a victim of push payment fraud to a successful conclusion with their bank.
- Advising large firm on market abuse investigation.