Paul handles both contentious and non-contentious Employment matters. He has particular expertise in advising employers on grievance and disciplinary policies and procedures, and in conducting advocacy on their behalf before the Employment Tribunal. He also advises on Commercial matters including general commercial contracts, outsourcing, data protection, advertising, trading standards, consumer law and UK/EU regulatory work. Paul is a member of our Risk, Compliance & Investigations team. Paul began his career at Bevan Ashford (now Bevan Brittan), where he specialised in high value capital procurement and commercial work, before moving to WH Smith where he was Group Legal Manager responsible for all aspects of legal advice to the FTSE 250 retailer.
Relevant experience at Temple Bright includes:
- Advising a multinational dairy conglomerate on its UK advertising and prize draw terms and conditions.
- Advising a listed high end bespoke furniture manufacturer on corporate governance and HR matters.
- Advising a Swiss watch manufacturer on its UK prize draw terms and conditions and advertising obligations in respect of the FIFA World Cup.
- Advising a FTSE 250 retailer on HR matters, and representing it before the Employment Tribunal.
- Advising numerous start-ups on their HR requirements, and providing bespoke documents.
- Advising a global medical systems manufacturer on the UK employment aspects of the proposed closure of its final salary pension scheme.
- Advising UK independent schools (or their teachers) on the employment aspects of their proposed withdrawal from the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
- Advising a listed gambling entity on the employment aspects of their disposal of unwanted old, and acquisition of new, shops.
- Provided HR advice to a top-30 UK accountancy firm.
- Provided HR advice and bespoke documents to a multinational luxury clothing firm on their entry to the UK retail market.
- Advised clients on representations to the ASA and Trading Standards.