Sam handles Commercial matters and advises on a broad range of commercial contracts across a number of different sectors. These include agency, licensing, distribution, sponsorship, franchise, concession, supply of goods and services, outsourcing and hotel management arrangements, as well as joint ventures, strategic alliances and other bespoke projects. He also specialises in “separation” exercises in the context of corporate transactions, including the drafting and negotiation of transitional services arrangements. His practice also includes a substantial IP & Technology dimension. Sam worked at Travers Smith in the City for twelve years before opening Temple Bright’s London office with co-founder Tim Summers in 2013.
Relevant experience at Temple Bright includes:
- Advising SSP, one of the world’s largest operators of food and beverage outlets in the travel sector, on its international franchise arrangements with airports and railway stations, including the renewal of its franchise agreement with Marks & Spencer for UK railway stations.
- Advising AI-powered fintech Galytix, a smart data platform provider for banks and insurers, on its contractual arrangements with clients.
- Advising a leading UK design and fashion brand on its supplier contracts, contracts with talent and collaborations with third party brands.
- Advising a Mexican retailer on the establishment of an international online sales function.
- Advising market-leading aviation data provider IBA on its licensing to clients of IBA Insight, its one-stop aviation intelligence platform.
- Advising an international luxury concierge service on its contractual arrangements with clients.
- Advising a UK educational charity on its funding of various projects and collaborations with third parties.
- Advising a leading UK interior design business on its various contractual arrangements.
- Advising the founders of an online home-cleaning marketplace, from start-up through to exit.
- Advising a London-based heating and plumbing business on its software as a service (SaaS) solution for providing a cost effective alternative to fixing plumbing and heating issues.