Sian handles IP & Technology matters, both contentious and non-contentious. She has a particular focus on brand development and “clearance” work; plus trade mark protection (including trade mark prosecution), enforcement/infringement advice and portfolio management. Sian’s work encompasses advising on IP ownership and infringement disputes, developing and implementing IP protection and enforcement strategies for clients, and also IP transfer/licensing. She also advises on Media & Entertainment matters. Sian previously worked at Linklaters and IP boutique Bristows in the City. She joined Temple Bright in Bristol in 2012.
Relevant experience at Temple Bright and previous firms includes:
- Advising brand owners across all industry sectors on UK and international brand strategy, including rebranding exercises.
- Advising food and drink sector businesses, in particular, on brand-related issues, including packaging, trade mark, design and copyright considerations.
- Trade mark clearance advice.
- Prosecuting trade mark portfolios at the UK Intellectual Property Office and World Intellectual Property Office.
- Ongoing trade mark portfolio management.
- Bringing and defending trade mark opposition, invalidation and revocation proceedings at the UK Intellectual Property Office.