- Dispute Resolution - General
- Risk, Compliance & Investigations
T: +44 (0) 117 325 3342
Tom handles Dispute Resolution matters in a wide range of areas including breach of contract and warranty claims, director and shareholder disputes, partnership disputes, negligence claims against professionals and civil fraud. He has particular expertise in disputes between directors, claims against directors for breaches of fiduciary duties and actions involving minority shareholders. Tom is a member of our Risk, Compliance & Investigations team. Prior to joining Temple Bright, Tom was a partner at Clarke Willmott and more recently at a leading regional firm based in the West Midlands. He has been recommended in The Legal 500 for dispute resolution.
Relevant experience at Temple Bright includes:
- Acting for a major hardware and building supplies company in a claim against former employees seeking to misuse confidential information and securing a settlement which secured that confidential information and prevented the misuse.
- Advising leading regional estate agency with regard to its dispute with a major property advertising portal.
- Advising majority shareholders in a family business in respect of a claim for unfair prejudice brought by a minority shareholder. Court proceedings having been started by the minority shareholder, the majority shareholders were able to secure a settlement which preserved the company and allowed them to purchase the minority shareholder’s shares in it.
- Advising a minority shareholder in a leading regional construction firm in respect of unfairly prejudicial conduct by the majority shareholders.
- Advising a publisher of children’s books and annuals in its dispute with a supplier based in China.
- Advising a partner in a London law firm in a dispute with fellow partners and assisting the client in the resolution of that dispute.