By using this website of Temple Bright LLP (the “Website”) you agree that you have read the terms and conditions below (the “Terms”) and that you agree to them. These Terms and your use of the Website are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. If you do not agree to these Terms you are not authorised to use the Website. Temple Bright LLP (“Temple Bright”) reserves the right to change these Terms at its discretion without prior notice. Any changes to the Terms shall apply from the time of their appearance on this page.
These Terms should be read in conjunction with the material within, and linked from, the Legal notices page, which is also deemed to be included within the Terms.
References to the Website in these Terms are deemed to include all material appearing on it from time to time (including without limitation text, images, photos, designs, logos, PDF documents, films, music, software and plans) (“Website Content”). The protections afforded to Temple Bright by these Terms apply equally in respect of any Website Content which is derived from the Website but has been separated from it, whether by you or by any other person, and whether lawfully or unlawfully, for instance where Website Content has been copied, downloaded or printed.
If any provision in these Terms is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, then such provision or part of it shall, to the extent that it is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, be deemed not to form part of these Terms and the legality, validity and enforceability of the remainder of these Terms shall not be affected.
Any information about Temple Bright’s products and services, or opinions or guidance, provided or expressed on the Website is for general information only, does not take account of any individual circumstances and may not reflect recent changes in the law. The information, opinions and guidance on the Website refer only to the law of England and Wales and are intended only for residents of England and Wales. Users should be aware that laws and regulations may be different outside England and Wales. The information, opinions and guidance on the Website are not intended to constitute, replace or serve as a substitute for any legal or other professional advice, consultation or service.
Detailed specialist advice should always be obtained from a suitably qualified lawyer before taking, or not taking, any action.
Disclaimers and exclusions of liability
1. Although care is taken to ensure that the information, opinions and guidance on the Website are accurate and (except in the case of older articles, linked documents and similar) up to date, Temple Bright cannot accept any responsibility for mistakes or omissions. Temple Bright enters into no express or implied conditions, warranties, terms or representations regarding the quality, accuracy or completeness of the information, opinions and guidance on the Website and no statement included on the Website may be relied upon as a warranty or representation concerning the products or services which Temple Bright provides. Temple Bright excludes to the extent lawfully permitted all liability for loss or damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential (including, without limitation, lost profits, lost opportunity, lost business, loss of goodwill, loss of contracts, unforeseeable loss, increased overheads or administrative expenses or management time) arising out of your use of or inability to use the Website, or from any information, statement, opinion or guidance, or omission, contained on the Website.
2. While Temple Bright tries to ensure that the Website is available 24 hours a day, Temple Bright cannot guarantee this and will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair, for reasons beyond Temple Bright’s control or any other reason considered by us to be appropriate in the circumstances. Temple Bright shall have no liability in respect of any such suspension.
3. Except where specifically stated in respect of online products, nothing on the Website constitutes an offer of any kind for legal or other professional advice. By using the Website you confirm that you will not rely on the content of the Website in any of these ways. Any product or service provided by us will be subject to separate terms and conditions, usually in the form of our engagement letter and associated terms of business.
4. The Website may contain links to other websites not operated or controlled by Temple Bright. If you use these links, you will leave the Website. These links are provided for convenience only and do not constitute any endorsement by Temple Bright of any organisation promoted on the linked websites or their products or services, any content on such linked websites or any person(s) operating them. Temple Bright does not have any control over such linked websites or the content of them and cannot accept any responsibility for them.
5. Please note that although reasonable care is taken to ensure that the Website and the materials available from it are virus-free, Temple Bright cannot accept responsibility for any viruses which may affect or derive from any material you access or download on or from the Website.
6. You may not misuse the Website (including, without limitation, by hacking, attempting to gain unauthorised access to the Website or any server on which the Website is stored, or by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful). You may not attack the Website via a denial of service attack or a distributed denial of service attack. By breaching this provision you may commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Temple Bright may report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
7. Temple Bright will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial of service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect or affect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other material due to your use of the Website.
The intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, copyright and trade marks) in all material on the Website are owned by Temple Bright or any licensors of any part of the Website Content (“Licensors”). You agree that you shall not infringe the intellectual property rights of Temple Bright or any of the Licensors. Your use of the Website Content is limited as set out below.
Except where otherwise stated, you are permitted to display the pages of the Website on your computer screen and print a reasonable number of unmodified copies of any of the pages of the Website for your own, non-commercial use. You may not change or delete any author attribution, trade mark, legend or copyright notice, and by printing or displaying the Website you do not acquire any rights in it.
Except as expressly permitted under copyright law, any other copying, modification, reproduction, permanent storage, repackaging, distribution, transmission or commercial exploitation of any part of the Website Content by any means without the prior written consent of Temple Bright is prohibited. This applies to any part of the Website Content including the visual content of the Website and the source code. You may create links to the Website (provided that, unless we have expressly agreed otherwise in writing, such link does not claim or imply any association with Temple Bright) but must not frame the Website on any other site nor may you create a link to any part of the Website other than the home page without prior written consent.
“Temple Bright” is a trade mark of Temple Bright LLP and you are not authorised to use this trade mark except as set out above.