Alistair focuses on Banking and Insolvency & Turnaround matters, with particular experience in acquisition and other event-driven financings, real estate finance, financings in the fintech sector and the debt aspects of corporate restructurings. He has advised borrowers, sponsors, management teams, banks, alternative credit providers, lending platforms, loan servicers, insolvency practitioners and agents / security trustees across a wide variety of industries and capital structures. Alistair has been recommended in The Legal 500 (for both acquisition finance and his work in the fintech sector) where he has been described by clients as “reliable, practical and very commercial,” “detail oriented and responsive” and able to “get things done promptly”. Before joining Temple Bright in 2018, Alistair was a partner for several years at City firm Simmons & Simmons where he was a founding member of the banking team in Bristol. Prior to that he trained and worked at Magic Circle firms Allen & Overy (London and Amsterdam) and Linklaters.
Relevant experience at Temple Bright includes:
- Advising a group of international investors on the purchase out of administration of a student accommodation project and all aspects of the refinancing of that project.
- Advising lenders and borrowers in relation to borrowing base facilities to finance / refinance loan assets in a number of sectors (real estate loans, car loans and consumer loans).
- Advising alternative lending platforms / debt funds on their standard form loan and security documentation.
- Advising lenders and borrowers on a number of investment and development real estate finance transactions.
- Advising a number of borrowers on multi-jurisdictional acquisition financings.
News and articles