Dan handles IP & Technology matters, both contentious and non-contentious. His intellectual property experience ranges from freedom to operate analyses, enforcement strategies and litigation, to technology licensing agreements and the IP aspects of corporate transactions. He has particular expertise in the area of patents and the licensing of IP rights across a range of sectors and contexts. His technology experience includes a wide variety of arrangements including software licensing and development agreements and Software-as-a-Service terms. Dan also advises on Commercial matters including terms of business and other commercial agreements. Before joining Temple Bright in 2013, Dan worked at Herbert Smith Freehills in the City for 5 years, having originally trained and qualified at Slaughter and May.
Relevant experience at Temple Bright includes:
- Advising a high-tech company in the sports and protective equipment sector on multiple product development and licensing deals with multinational consumer goods companies.
- Advising an agrotechnology business on the settlement of a multimillion pound licensing dispute with a large multi-national agrichemical company.
- Advising numerous university spinouts in relation to the IP aspects of the spinout process.
- Advising a med-tech start-up on a complex research, development and licensing agreement with a materials company.
- Advising technology start-ups on the IP and commercial aspects of their engagements with prospective clients.
News and articles