- Dispute Resolution - Real Estate
T: +44 (0) 117 325 3345
Edward handles Dispute Resolution matters relating to property. His practice involves commercial lease disputes and development disputes including forfeiture, trespass and lease renewals. He has extensive experience acting for institutional investors, developers and pension funds. Edward trained at the Bank of Ireland and went on to work at City firm Dentons and a medium sized Bath firm before joining Temple Bright in 2022. Edward was appointed co-president of Bristol Law Society for the period 2021 to 2023.
Relevant experience at Temple Bright and previous firms includes:
- Advising a PLC in relation to a development dispute relating to a housing and retail development of over 200 units.
- Advising a governmental public body on strategic lease termination and redevelopment of a key retail site.
- Advising an institutional pension fund on its £500m commercial property portfolio including termination of leases for redevelopment, renewal of leases, forfeiture and recovery of monies from bad debtors.
- Acting for a major shopping centre developer and management company on contentious matters including arrears recovery and recovery of possession.
- Advising a high street supermarket chain on injunctive relief for nuisance and trespass, and estate management matters generally.
- Advising various SIPP/SSAPs and pensions on forfeiture of leases and urgent injunctive proceedings for trespass.