Jonathan handles Corporate matters specialising in mergers and acquisitions, MBOs and MBIs, reorganisations and buy-backs, debt and equity fundraisings, shareholder agreements and disputes and corporate governance. He also handles general Commercial matters. He worked for Freshfields in the City and Hong Kong then Burges Salmon in Bristol, and was a partner for seven years at Thrings before joining Temple Bright in 2010. Jonathan has been ranked as a leading individual for corporate finance in the South West by legal guide Chambers UK. “Commentators appreciate his ‘can-do-attitude, tenacity and sense of humour’.” He has also been recognised for corporate finance (Bristol region) in the peer review publication The Best Lawyers in the United Kingdom.
Relevant experience at Temple Bright and previous firms includes:
- Acting for a FTSE100 company in the education publishing sector on various sales and acquisitions.
- Acting for owner-managers on M&A transactions with UK and international buyers which included the Daily Mail Group and a Norwegian listed company.
- Acting for a UK PLC on several share and business acquisitions in the catering equipment sector.
- Acting for the directors and majority sellers on the sale of an English Football League club and for the directors on the takeover of a UK racecourse.
- Acting for Assured Food Standards (Red Tractor Assurance) on company commercial matters since its incorporation.
- Acting for sellers and management teams on management buyouts.
- Acting on several employee shareholder disputes and settlement agreements.
- Acting on angel investments and further investment rounds.
- Acting for a farmer-owned milk company on a multi-million fundraising to establish a processing plant.
- Working as a corporate lawyer in Hong Kong for a City firm for over three years and on in-house secondments with Pearson Education and Nationwide Building Society.
News and articles