Kit handles Construction & Engineering matters, advising on procurement strategies, drafting construction and engineering contracts and dealing with disputes. His dispute resolution experience, which also includes general Dispute Resolution, includes dealing with claims in adjudication, arbitration, expert determination and litigation, having represented clients in numerous cases in the High Court and Court of Appeal. He has also resolved many disputes through mediation. Kit is a longstanding member of the Technology and Construction Solicitors’ Association and holds a Masters degree in Construction Law from Kings College, London. Before joining Temple Bright in 2013, Kit developed his specialist practice in London with City firms Nabarro (now CMS) and RPC, and was a partner at Clarke Willmott.
Relevant experience at Temple Bright includes:
- Acting for clients across the sectors on a diverse range of projects, including offices, hotels, student accommodation, airports, sports facilities, schools and universities, retail, residential, data centres, district heating, renewable energy and industrial plant.
- Drafting and advising on the full suite of construction and engineering contracts, including main and sub-contracts, professional appointments, warranties, novations, bonds and guarantees.
- Acting for clients on construction claims involving contractual and design issues, defective works, delay and disruption, loss and expense, termination issues and payment disputes (including final account and fee claims).
- Advising on general commercial disputes and professional negligence claims, including contractual claims, injunctions and costs issues.
- Providing dedicated project support for all types of property developments including advising on agreements for lease, development agreements and licences.