Nicholas handles Banking matters and has many years of experience advising lenders and borrowers on both simple and complex borrowing arrangements, touching on all sectors of the market. Many of Nicholas’ instructions have involved complex intercreditor issues and debt priority and subordination arrangements. Nicholas trained at Clifford Chance in the City, working in its banking and capital markets teams in both London and New York for seven years. Subsequently Nicholas was a partner for twelve years at Ashurst, working within that firm’s energy, transport and infrastructure practice, where he led the debt team. Prior to joining Temple Bright in 2014, Nicholas spent three years as a partner in the finance team at Stephenson Harwood.
Relevant experience at Temple Bright includes:
- Acting for various technology businesses through a series of early stage debt raising exercises.
- Acting for a UK real estate portfolio holder on its series of incremental debt financings, utilising LMA standard documentation, leading ultimately to a public listing.
- Acting for various UK commercial and domestic real estate developers on their debt financings.
- Acting for an energy project developer in its financing of a natural gas compressing and distribution business in Nigeria.
- Acting for a group of energy related companies in their negotiated exit from a series of linked joint ventures in Nigeria.
- Acting for the joint venture vehicle of an energy project in its negotiated settlement of shareholder issues and subsequent refinancing.
- Acting for the joint venture vehicle in its financing of an energy sector project in a Green Power Free Zone in West Africa.