Polly handles Planning matters, both contentious and non-contentious. She advises on a broad range of subjects including negotiating planning and highway agreements, applications for lawful use, listed building advice, CIL, permitted development rights, TPOs, defending town and village green applications, appeal and inquiry work and planning enforcement. Polly is a member of our Energy & Environment team. She began her career in law working for two local authorities and then moved to Bevan Brittan and subsequently to Veale Wasbrough Vizards, before joining Temple Bright in 2015. Chambers UK describes Polly as “helpful, straightforward and practical,” stating “one client notes that Polly Reynolds is ‘commercially astute and responds quickly and accurately’”. The Legal 500 commends her “good depth of knowledge and rapid responses”.
Relevant experience at Temple Bright includes:
- Acting for independent, local authority and academy schools on a range of planning matters including disposal of school playing fields, securing new permissions for sports halls facilities and general planning advice.
- Acting for property developers on the acquisition of new sites and carrying out of planning due diligence and identifying opportunities and risks to enhance the value of the assets.
- Acting for landlords and individuals in defending enforcement action throughout the appeal process.
- Acting for a care home provider to secure a change of use for a significant mixed-use development in Winscombe, Somerset and negotiation of a planning agreement with the council.
- Negotiation of an informal CIL payment schedule with a local planning authority on behalf of a property developer and prevention of formal enforcement action, enabling a major housing development to progress.
- Acting for a major property developer for an outline application for circa 250 dwellings and associated infrastructure on a green belt site in Bath and negotiation of planning agreement.
- Acting for Brymbo Developments on a new regeneration project for 300 new homes and key community facilities including the delivery of a new school in Wrexham.
- Acting for a leading supermarket in Somerset on the redevelopment of their flagship store to include a high quality modern store, retail units, office floorspace and 28 apartments in two mixed use buildings together with outline planning for the construction of 26 new homes.