Ben handles Real Estate matters, advising investors, landlords, tenants, banks and developers. He acts for a wide range of clients in the industrial, retail, media, aviation and banking sectors. His practice includes property investment, freehold and leasehold acquisitions and disposals, financing and security and all commercial landlord and tenant matters. Before joining Temple Bright in 2014, Ben worked at Bond Pearce (now Womble Bond Dickinson) and at Foot Anstey in Bristol, where he advised a broad range of private and public sector clients.
Relevant experience at Temple Bright and previous firms includes:
- Acting for a PLC investor on the sale of two multi-let office buildings in London with a combined value of over £50m.
- Acting for a PLC taking a lease of an industrial warehouse with a rent of £1.6m per annum, conditional on extensive refurbishment works being carried out and a lease back to the landlord of the roof for solar.
- Acting for various PLCs on their leasehold acquisition programmes of up to 50 new stores per year including B8 and retail use.
- Acting for Bristol Airport on their occupational leases (granting leases and lease renewals) and assisting with restructuring to enable redevelopment of the Airport.
- Acting for a developer SPV taking an option over land with a GDV of approximately £4m and the subsequent share sale of the SPV conditional on planning.
- Acting for the BBC on high value leasehold and freehold disposals, high profile lease acquisitions and renewals.
- Acting for the Ministry of Defence on freehold disposals subject to overage, clawback and “early turn” provisions.
- Acting for Royal Mail on a complex agreement to swap leasehold premises with a large bank PLC. The agreement was conditional on planning, landlord consent to assign, consent for works and consent to vary one of the leases.