Jan handles Commercial matters and has particular expertise in IP & Technology including data privacy. She was previously Assistant General Counsel at the US software company, FIS, where she gained valuable experience in software licensing (SaaS and enterprise licences) including market data distribution, RFP procedures, public and private procurement and public cloud issues. Jan has worked extensively in the insurance software market (life and non-life). At Temple Bright she has developed her data privacy expertise, advising start-ups and early stage technology businesses on GDPR compliance and matters such as privacy notices, e-marketing regulations, data retention issues and the treatment of employee data. Jan is a member of our Risk, Compliance & Investigations team and also handles Corporate matters, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, shareholder arrangements and fundraisings. Before joining Temple Bright in 2019, Jan worked at Ashurst in the City and then at US firm Latham & Watkins and at FIS.
Relevant experience at Temple Bright and previous firms includes:
- Advising international corporate groups on full scale GDPR compliance, including data mapping, drafting binding corporate rules, and more recently international data transfer agreements.
- Advising on DSAR response and data breach strategies.
- Advising an investment platform on general commercial and compliance matters, corporate strategy and assisting with its successful international fundraisings.
- Managing a large IT acquisition project for a growing London-based technology company.
- Negotiating complex reseller and partner agreements for a hyper automation platform.
- Working with a leading marketing and promotions agency on its supplier contracts, contracts with talent and collaborations with third party brands.
- Working with both start-up and established health care providers on commercial and supplier contracts, as well as advising on treatment of special category personal data.