Jonathan handles Commercial and IP & Technology matters with a particular focus on commercial contracts in the food, healthcare and e-commerce sectors, and data protection. He is a member of the Food Law Group and his clients include snack food, vegan food, baby food and dairy produce brands. Jonathan’s experience of the healthcare sector includes advising businesses involved in physiotherapy, medical diagnostics and medico-legal reporting. He is a member of our Risk, Compliance & Investigations team and also advises on Corporate matters. On qualification in 2001, Jonathan joined Lovells (now Hogan Lovells) in the City and then moved to Lyons Davidson in Bristol where he became a partner in 2011 and the firm’s first group general counsel in 2015. He was subsequently group general counsel to Ascenti Health, a leading national physiotherapy business and outsource provider to the NHS, and worked at Stone King in Bath before joining Temple Bright in 2021.
Relevant experience at Temple Bright includes:
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts across a range of sectors including collaboration agreements, domestic and international distribution and agency agreements, sponsorship agreements, brand licences, advertising and media agreements, referral arrangements, supplier services contracts, guarantees/indemnities, product sales terms, customer terms & conditions and non-disclosure agreements.
- Completing the overhaul and production of the entire suite of sales, procurement and customer documentation for a leading rehabilitation and case management group.
- Advising food business start-ups and SMEs on their commercial contract requirements including NDAs, supermarket contracts, GSCOP, manufacturing agreements and logistics/haulier contracts.
- Advising on the full range of IT contracts including software development and licensing, IT hardware procurement, consultancy services, hosting and maintenance, managed services, service level agreements, SaaS arrangements, EULAs and escrow agreements.
- Advising on all types of data sharing arrangements and data protection governance including transactional M&A support.