Julian handles both contentious and non-contentious Employment matters, dealing with the full lifecycle of the employment relationship from inception to termination and beyond. He has particular expertise in the fields of discrimination, TUPE, whistleblowing and contractual disputes. Julian also has extensive experience in helping businesses protect their confidential information and trade secrets both in the form of drafting enforceable terms and where necessary seeking interim relief through an injunction, freezing order or search order. Applying his background in psychology to his practice of employment law, Julian is praised for his pragmatic approach to problem-solving and regularly conducts training programmes and seminars. Julian trained at Speechly Bircham in the City, later co-founding a niche employment law practice before joining Temple Bright in 2015.
Relevant experience at Temple Bright includes:
- Acting for a leading international luxury skin care and cosmetic company in successfully defending various complex claims of discrimination, unfair dismissal and breach of contract in the Employment Tribunal and the High Court.
- Advising on and formulating an LTIP scheme for the senior management team at a leading retail clothing company.
- Providing legal advice and consultancy to a variety of businesses in the retail, financial services, fintech, fashion, hospitality, media and executive recruitment sectors relating to the full lifecycle of the employment relationship, including the creation of contracts and policies, the resolution of workplace issues and conflicts, maternity and family rights, dismissals, whistleblowing, discrimination and contractual disputes.
- Providing TUPE advice and support on the acquisition and disposal of business assets and in relation to service provision changes.
- Advising senior executives on their service agreements and remuneration structures on entering new employment and on the negotiation and settlement of their exit terms.
- Advising and assisting leading names in the hospitality and retail sectors on business reorganisations, restructures and redundancies including the implementation of collective consultation procedures.
- Advising companies on the enforcement of post-termination restrictions and breaches of confidentiality and resisting both the enforcement of restraints and applications for injunctive relief.
- Advising a variety of businesses in the private sector on employment and worker status and the application of IR35.
- Advising businesses on crisis and reputation management.