Louise handles both contentious and non-contentious Employment matters, advising employers and senior executives on all aspects of the employment relationship. She works with clients to find solutions to the problems they face. Louise regularly advises on changes at boardroom and senior executive level and on the broad range of day to day HR and employment issues including contractual terms, confidentiality and restrictive covenants, redundancies, TUPE, whistleblowing, discrimination and dispute resolution. She is also an experienced Employment Tribunal litigator. Before joining Temple Bright in 2021, Louise spent a decade working at Mayer Brown in the City and became a partner there, and then at Boodle Hatfield heading up its employment team for three years, before co-founding the niche employment law firm Signet Partners in 2011. Signet Partners was praised in The Legal 500 as “an agile, pragmatic, sensible and proactive team”.
Relevant experience at Temple Bright and previous firms includes:
- Advising a client facing allegations of bullying and harassment on the investigation and disciplinary process in line with her objectives.
- Advising the CEO of a listed business on his exit terms.
- Representing a client in an application for interim relief in the Employment Tribunal.
- Advising the CFO of a private equity backed business on the terms of his exit.
- Advising a client in the financial services sector on the terms of his restrictive covenants.
- Advising a client in the financial services sector through a disciplinary process.
- Advising a small employer on a redundancy exercise and related grievance process.
- Representing a fund in its successful defence of claims of equal pay, whistleblowing, unfair dismissal, discrimination and unlawful deduction of wages.
- Successfully defending a client against injunction proceedings brought by a former employer.
- Advising an employer on collective consultation obligations in respect of proposed changes to pension contributions.
- Advising on collective redundancies and related consultation and dismissal processes.
- Advising a large industrial client on the employment aspects of disposal of one of its businesses.
- Advising the CTO of the BBC and representing him in his successful Employment Tribunal claim for unfair dismissal.