Steve handles contentious and non-contentious Employment matters. He advises employers on reshaping and redesigning their HR framework to support their people strategy, collective change exercises and defending Employment Tribunals. He has particular expertise in projecting managing complex internal ER investigations, team reorganisations and senior departures. Steve works extensively in the retail, medtech, fintech, creative and professional services sectors, supporting listed FTSE 250 companies and leading SMEs in the UK. Before joining Temple Bright in 2017, Steve worked at Eversheds and Foot Anstey and most recently led the employment team at a boutique South West law firm.
Relevant experience at Temple Bright includes:
- Securing the successful strike-out of a PIDA/UD claim on behalf of a high street retailer.
- Securing the successful strike-out of a PIDA/UD claim on behalf of a builders’ merchant.
- Successfully defending at hearing an unfair dismissal claim against a high street retailer.
- Advising a multinational manufacturer on the departure of its managing director in the UK.
- Advising a fintech employer on the departure of its CTO.
- Advising a leading UK creative agency on the departure of its creative director.
- Advising a leading South West SME on the reorganisation of its finance function.
- Attending on behalf of an aerospace manufacturer a one day mediation with one of their SLT and assisting in the successful negotiation of a commercial settlement.