Stuart handles Corporate matters including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, company restructuring, shareholders agreements and LLP and partnership work. He has substantial private equity experience, advising both investors and companies seeking investment in a broad range of sectors. Stuart also handles general Commercial matters, notably in advising franchisors and franchisees. He has advised several of the most successful franchisors of recent years from inception through to the maturity of their franchise networks. Stuart has particular experience in the private medical sector, regularly advising private hospitals and entrepreneurial consultant clinicians. Before joining Temple Bright in 2016, Stuart was a partner at Shadbolt and a director at Clyde & Co. He has spent a period on secondment to the in-house legal team at Atkins PLC.
Relevant experience at Temple Bright includes:
- Acting for the seller on the sale of Saracens Limited (owner of Saracens RFC).
- Acting for the sellers and management team on the sale of the Global Freight Solutions Group to private equity.
- Acting for Hastnet Sverige AB (of Sweden) on its acquisition of Pet Media Limited.
- Acting for the buyer on the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Horwood Homewares Limited, the UK’s largest producer of homeware products.
- Advising a new entrant in the London private medical market, on an exclusive basis, from incorporation up to and including its recent Series B funding round at a valuation of £175m.
News and articles