Andy handles Corporate matters including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, company restructuring and shareholders agreements. Andy also advises on a broad range of general Commercial matters, including supply of goods and services, agency, licensing, distribution, franchising, outsourcing, manufacturing, strategic alliances and other bespoke projects. His Commercial practice also includes a substantial IP & Technology dimension. He has a broad range of experience gained from both private practice and senior in-house roles in global businesses. Andy spent seven years in the corporate and commercial department at Clyde & Co in the City before working in-house for many years. He joined Temple Bright in 2023, coming from a senior in-house role in Hong Kong.
Relevant experience at Temple Bright and previous firms includes:
- Acting for the buyer on the acquisition of a global hair care brand and salon business from a US multinational consumer goods company.
- Acting for the sellers on the sale of a metals warehousing business to a European commodity trading and mining company.
- Acting for a leading multinational industrial and engineering company on the management buyout of its UK retail subsidiary.
- Acting for a Danish shoe manufacturer and retailer on an out-bound statutory merger of its UK subsidiary with and into the group’s European parent.
- Advising a UK fragrance and beauty care business on various licensing, product development, manufacture, distribution and marketing arrangements.
- Advising a Greek commercial airline on a software licence and development agreement.
- Advising a British luxury fashion house on a software as a service (SaaS) global trade compliance solution.
- Advising a US multinational logistics provider on a wide range of commercial agreements and collaborations with third parties.
- Advising a British airline and package holiday business on various commercial arrangements and collaborations.
“Warmest thanks to Andy Poulton and his colleagues for helping us to get this deal over the line within a very exacting timetable. Temple Bright fielded a broad team of specialists who were able to handle whatever the process threw at them, keeping their eyes firmly on the goal. Andy was impressive both as a team leader and as an adviser, showing professionalism, pragmatism and responsiveness throughout.”