We advise clients including developers, landowners and public sector bodies on a broad range of planning matters. We aim to promote developments and take a proactive and pragmatic approach to negotiating planning obligations and minimising the risk of legal challenge.
Our practice includes advice in the following areas:
- Planning applications, appeals and judicial reviews
- Planning health checks and strategic advice
- Planning and highway agreements
- Applications for certificates of lawful use
- Environmental Statement reviews
- Advice on compliance with European habitats legislation
- Development Consent Orders
- All consenting aspects of energy projects from inception through to operation
- Compulsory Purchase Orders
- Due diligence and warranty/disclosure support on corporate and real estate transactions
- Planning performance agreements
- Community Infrastructure Levy
- Planning enforcement, breach of condition notices and planning-related litigation
- Listed building advice
- Defending town and village green applications and risk review
- Application of permitted development rights
- Advice on conversion of redundant farm buildings into residential use
- Section 104 agreements and other statutory agreements relating to sewers and drains
- Footpath diversions
- Advertisement advice
Our specialist in these areas is Polly Reynolds.
You can initiate a discussion about instructing us by contacting any partner directly, or by using the main office contact details at the bottom of the page if you prefer.